This episode I talk to Kerry Lowry and Julie Figg about the Appaloosa National Championship Endurance Race, as well as, to Kim Rumpsa and Julie Figg about the first annual Appaloosa National Championship Competitive Trail Ride. As a bonus, Kim and I talk a little bit about her experiences on the Chief Joseph Trail Ride this year.
2019 Appaloosa National Championship Endurance Ride (ANCER) and National Championship Competitive Trail Ride (ANCCTR)
The 2019 Appaloosa National Championship Endurance Ride (ANCER) will be held in conjunction with the Arabian Horse Association Distance Nationals in Vinita, OK on October 25, 2019 at the “Owl Hoot Spook” ride. The ride is located at the Franks Ranch and is an AERC-sanctioned 50-mile ride.
ANCER has been held in locations across the country from Maine to California. The Arabian Horse Association and Appaloosa Horse Club are partnering for the fourth year to hold a multi-breed National Endurance Championship ride. Registered Appaloosas that are also registered with AHA as ½ Arabian may enter both National Championships.
• The horse must be registered with the ApHC. If non-characteristic, must be CPO or Performance Permit-enrolled.
• Horse must be at least five (5) years of age on date of ride.
• The rider must be a current ApHC member in good standing.
• The owner of the horse must be a current ApHC member in good standing.
• The horse must be currently enrolled in the ApHC Distance Program.
• Both the horse and rider must have completed 100 lifetime distance miles. Mileage does not have to be earned by the same horse/rider team entering. The 100 distance miles can be accumulated from endurance and/or competitive trail rides of 25 miles or longer. However, 50 of those miles must have been earned on a successfully-completed 50-mile endurance ride. Documentation of this mileage will be requested but does not have to be a part of the ApHC Distance Program.
• Horses and riders must be qualified just prior to the ride (qualification deadline on application)
• Riders age 16 & under are not required to qualify but must ride with an adult sponsor.
Support the show
Appaloosa: More Than Just a Color Breed. Is a podcast dedicated to showing the world the versatility and adaptability of the Appaloosa horse, as well as the people devoted to preserving and enhancing this outstanding breed.
#Appaloosa #AppaloosaPodcast #AppaloosaMedia #ApHC